Can my medical marijuana card be expedited?
Processing of the voluntary marijuana card can be expedited if you can complete the requirements for registration. The law prescribes that the application shall be approved or denied within thirty days upon receipt of the complete application. Expedited determination, however, is extended to a registered patient of a hospice provider where after verifying the information, approval or denial shall be made within five business days of the date the Department received the completed application.
All FAQ’s from MMMP Guidelines
- Can a patient withdraw from the program?
- Can I have someone else sign and date my application (a proxy) if I am physically unable to do so?
- Can I travel to another state with medical marijuana and my MMMP registry identification card without worrying about being arrested or charged with civil or criminal penalties?
- Do I have to tell the MMMP if I change my mailing address, add or remove a caregiver or grower, or change my grow site address?
- Do I need to be a resident to get a card?
- Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the MMMP?
- Do patients get a refund if they withdraw from the program?
- How can I reach the MMMP?
- How much does it cost to replace my card or change my caregiver or grower?
- I do not have the money for the application/grow site fee. Can it be waived? Can I make installment payments or use my credit card? Will my insurance pay?
- If I have a card, will that guarantee that Child Services cannot take my kids away?
- If I have a criminal record, can I get a card?
- Is the Maine Medical Marijuana Program confidential?
- Who qualifies for a reduced state application fee?