How are transfers of usable marijuana or immature plants made to a dispensary? Where does the medicine in dispensaries come from?
A dispensary with a growing location which is not within the retail dispensary must label the marijuana being transferred between the cultivation site and dispensary with a trip ticket that identifies the names and addresses of the dispensary and growing location, the time, date, origin and destination of the medical marijuana.
A registered dispensary is authorized to have up to six (6) mature marijuana plants and an incidental amount of marijuana per qualifying patient who has designated the dispensary to cultivate for them. Distribution and transfer of usable marijuana to a qualifying patient must be labeled with a trip ticket to identify the dispensary, the patient registry number, the amount and form, the time and date, the origin, and the destination of the product.
All FAQ’s from Dispensaries
- Are children allowed inside dispensaries?
- Do I have to register with the state to work at a dispensary?
- How can I find a medical marijuana dispensary in Maine?
- How much may a dispensary charge for medical marijuana?
- What information needs to be included on a label for usable marijuana products such as edibles, waxes, concentrates or other prepackaged products?
- What is a medical marijuana facility, a.k.a. a dispensary?
- What will I need in order to be dispensed medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Who can purchase or receive medical marijuana from a dispensary?
- Will on-site consumption of marijuana be allowed?